Monday, July 4, 2016

When confections get Groovy

Dear Reader,

A year or so ago a wonderful fellow blogger honored me by asking for an interview!

So, in case you're wondering about the person behind the screen, you can find out more about me HERE.

Being interviewed was an interesting experience. I've never considered myself particularly important or worth interviewing, and I was quite surprised when I was asked.

As I revisit this interview a year or so later, a few things stand out.

Sheela chose the pictures that she used in the post herself.  I was surprised by a few of them in that I wouldn't personally haven chosen them as representative of my best work. It was a great lesson in how others view us being different from how we view ourselves. Also, she only referenced my online Etsy shop.  I do a lot more than is outlined in this interview.

When the interview posted, the picture of me she used actually made me laugh.

It was a quick snap I took to send a friend in England (featuring my newly purple hair) and posted... somewhere.

I had no idea how that photo would take on a life of its own.  My makeup free face, cheeky smirk and the weird angle intended to show my hair color was only intended to be shared between friends. Yet here it was, forever immortalized on the internet.

Being prudent about what I post online was actually the best lesson I took from the experience. We never know where something we say or do online might resurface.  I'm not ashamed of the picture, but I wouldn't have chosen it to represent myself professionally. Though I am wearing a white chef coat in it, so it works.

In all, I'm happy with how the interview went and it was a fun learning experience.

I hope you enjoy reading it.  :)

Stay Sweet!

Lisa




No comments:

Post a Comment