Saturday, July 9, 2016

My Caramel stuck!

Dear Reader,

A while back I'd posted about an insomnia fueled Internet session that resulted in my finding a Wikipedia article in need of modified information.

I expect that humanity will breathe a collective sigh of relief, because I was just the person to do it.

You can read my original post HERE.

Apricot Cognac Caramels 
On a lark I decided to check back to see if it's been changed, and I was (somewhat) surprised to find that it hadn't.

I feel a bit mixed about this.

On one hand, I was happy to be able to so easily update the information. However, it makes me a bit nervous knowing how easily I could have manipulated that information to say anything I wanted it to.

If we couple the ease of modification I experienced with how often people use the Internet for information gathering (increasingly in lieu of book research) it makes me uneasy for the future.

I don't want to imagine a world where rewriting what is often considered *fact* is so easily done.

Stay Sweet!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment