Sunday, July 3, 2016

Inspiration from an unlikely place

Dear Reader, 

I know this is a dessert blog, but I came across this video of a man demonstrating how to make the sushi version of what happens to be my flower logo (the pink and orange drop flower on my hat).  I simply had to share it.




This is the faster of the two versions and you'll see a link in the video for longer version that has more clear step by step instructions if you're interested.

I've only experimented with the most basic rolled rice with vegetables and nori; sushi skills like this both blow me away and inspire me to learn more.  I never really thought about it before, but sushi making is an art that I find amazing.  I especially love that he was able to create two bud flowers on the side and create highlights with the sesame seeds.

Though I can't really utilize sushi in my work, I do think I can modify this as a sort of sweetened rice with fruit.  Pehaps chocolate plastique (modeling chocolate) would substitute for the nori.

I love the idea and think I can use it in my branding, it's just so much fun.  If you're inspired by this roll, be sure to check out the side bar for more videos.

I think that the sushi pandas are especially adorable.

Stay Sweet!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment